Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pain au Levain


I've been blogging my bread making results to TFL forum since last year. I guess I should start recording my experiences here. So here I go.

The recipe is based on Hamelman's Bread book. Since I've just refreshed my starter 2 days ago, I used it in the recipe instead of following the levain build. After mixing all the ingredients, the dough seemed a bit dry, so I added an extra 1.5oz of water to the mix.

When I divided the dough in half, instead of the 1.5lb piece as described, mine came out 2lbs. No idea why. I baked one according to the schedule, and refridgerated the other half. The book says retarding this dough overnight isn't recommended. Well, I'll find out the next day.

This bread offers really nice texture and taste, much better than the SF SD from C&C. Will give it a try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment